Our Investment Focus
Frontier Ventures’ main focus is on investing in companies with strong network effects. Examples include marketplaces and communication and software platforms.
What do we offer?
We build partnerships with talented entrepreneurs, helping them execute their business models. These partnerships are not just limited to equity financing; we can offer all the resources of our team, partners and investors to turn the bold and creative ideas of our entrepreneur partners into market leading companies. Over the years of principal investing in Internet, media and technology companies, the Frontier Ventures team has acquired significant business experience which includes building and financing entrepreneurial ventures, as well as strategic and operational management of companies. We deliberately limit the number of projects that we finance, concentrating our resources and extensive relationships on supporting a limited number of truly exciting ideas.
Frontier Ventures calls on the resources and experiences of its partners to assist our entrepreneurs in a number of ways, such as:
- Developing and executing business strategies
- Bringing in professional knowledge and specialized expertise from around the world
- Using our extensive global network to provide access to major technology and traditional companies, investment funds, leading universities and other organizations
- Offering our own capital, as well as leveraging our extensive experience and relationships to raise further capital for growth
- Structuring local and international strategic partnerships
- Using our experience and expertise to organize a successful exit
Frontier Ventures was founded in 2011 by Dmitry Alimov. Throughout his career as an Internet investor and entrepreneur, Dmitry has backed over 30 Internet companies globally. Dmitry also built several market leading businesses as an entrepreneur and corporate executive. Prior to founding Frontier Ventures, Dmitry co-founded ivi.ru and served as Managing Partner of ru-Net, a global venture fund with c. $700m under management. Dmitry has also held various senior executive positions at leading companies and funds including Amedia, Gazprom Media, Access Industries, and the Sputnik Group.